Saturday, December 27, 2008

12/24/08

A thought about the intersection of commerce and art. "Art". In my case. I have no identifiable audience. If, say, at the end of a year, I took my top 40 and put them into a little book, poetry readers would not be interested, because of my aforementioned total disregard for writing technically good poetry. Also, short-story readers would not be interested, because these are time-efficient sparse bare-bones stories, and they would be like, where's the rest? This thought doesn't diminish my enjoyment of writing them, or having them to keep, and sometimes share, when they're done. It does give me a title for the little book though.

Poems for the Lazy: A Collection of Very Short Stories.

3 comments:

Ty said...

I'd buy that if it were called, "Poems for the Lazy Eyed: Long poems and short stories."

Ty said...

I'm dumping all intentional commerce in 2009.

Rich said...

I'd buy that if it were called, "Poems for the Lazy: Naked Pictures."