Listen.
What would happen
if right now
I told you the truth if I for one second
stopped lying to you in all that I
say in all that I do in
every place and everywhere and this time
and that time and pulled up a chair and took
your hand in my hand and split open
the whole world the inside the
outside the cars on the roads and the
people in airports and the people sleeping and the
people awake and the big billboard signs and the little
yellow flowers that grow on the side of the road in
New Mexico and gave up my safe place and annihilated yours I mean
bombed it destroyed it burned it fucking took it down
earthquake flood mudslide millions and millions screaming
screaming buried in there no aid coming hostile government politically
opposed trapped alive in there starving thrist can you hear them
all
screaming what if I did that and took all this what it is what
is it do you feel it too all this
unbearable
tenderness
how could we how could anyone possibly
survive it?
No comments:
Post a Comment