Friday, December 19, 2008
Comment
This is what happens, so far. At some point, almost everyday, an image, and sometimes language, like a key phrase or two, comes to me. Its cerebral but it also is a physical feeling, a little excitement, like seeing something shiny underwater. And I tell you if I don't write it down right then, enough to remind me later when I can write it all out, its gone. All gone. I have a red notebook I carry around for this purpose and also a lot of receipts and subaru manuals and the like. And when I start writing it, usually post-bedtime, it just kind of unearths itself. Sometimes I feel like I got all of it, sometimes I feel like I got most of it but not the whole thing, pieces too deep to dig out, stuck, not enough time to keep at it. If I had nothing to do but follow them and write them out when they show up I think I'd have 4 or 5 a day. I'm making enough space for one and some I let go because of that and they're gone forever. I don't go back to notes from the day on a different day and pursue them. And I don't start or keep any drafts. There are no works in progress. Its very all or nothing that way so far. And I am not getting my usual sleep because of BSD365 but I am enjoying it and now miss it if I don't do it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Welcome.
This is What Happens if you are lucky/unlucky.
Welcome to the Kingdom of Leisure.
[word verification: nishrop]
Post a Comment