Love had her way with me, though I
colluded and
allowed it all to be
Love was new
the time we floated laying down in the
canoe all night side
by side looking always
up and counting the
falling stars and
kissing twenty six, seven, eight and
dear god
second base
Love was beginning
the time I out loud tried to say I
loved you to get used to it to know
how to say it me and the dog practicing in the
cemetery having got it just right I
said it to you
for the first time
in the middle of the movie
seriously, Batman I think
What, you replied
Love was let down
The time I came by your place at
2am just in the neighborhood your
light was on we had tea and you
sent me home with a hug and handful of
sesame candies not at all
what I'd come for
Love was sweet
the time I didn't get the chance to lay
you down in the September loosestrife and
goldenrod after sandwiches tracing you
in flowers and balancing them on your cheek your
temple your closed eyes all in your
hair oh I never did
but would have
Love was once
the time we met at the Belly show and
talked all night your friends my friends
left behind your
old red Toyota you remember
the song that was playing
just then
then you
left the next day say hello and
wave good bye its just that
Denmark is so far
Love was
the time I let you go
and the time I called you back to me
Love was then
Love was now
Love was mine and I tell you its
not always all that
poetic
sometimes its just me in
love sometimes a little stumbling and
sometimes
honestly
a little
fucked
but this time
a little lovely
this time
a little kind this time
this time
all this time
love was mine.
No comments:
Post a Comment