Thursday, December 4, 2008

Your Dream

Rich & Ty. Last night I had a dream that you both were in. I was at the cabin and you were there too. I had a ladder set up against the lakefront side of the cabin and was giving you both a hard time about not helping me to scrape and paint, though I didn't really expect you to. And you both laughingly refused, and so I went and got the two chaise lounge chairs we keep there, and set them up for you near the ladder, and you got in the chairs and I got back to work.

I looked over at you to say something and you were both covered in hundreds for blue jays. Everything went mute - I was still scraping, and I was talking to you, but I couldn't hear any sound at all, even my own words. And you were both laughing as hard as a person can laugh, tears streaming down your faces, and it seemed like that went on forever - me smiling and talking to you without sound, and you two just laughing and laughing, covered in blue jays.

It was such a vivid dream that it took me a little while upon awakening this morning to realize it hadn't happened.

I'm telling you both about it because I think its your dream. I dreamed it, and was in it, but it wasn't to do with me. It was something about the two of you.

Carolyn gave me a dream book and this is the most I could find:

bluejays: spritual joy and contentedness

lakefront: a need to be close to one's spiritual beliefs, taking daily comfort in them

laughter: happiness

chaise lounge: an attitude of nonchalance

cabin: an inner connection or inherent bond with nature, a life aligned with nature

ladder: an opportunity for upward progression to be made

silence: a need to listen to one's conscience

I turn it over to you two now.

2 comments:

Rich said...

Do you not realize I have had diarrheas since Easters?

Ty said...

I Has Yr Dreems

Interesting: "And you both laughingly refused...."

That's pretty much the history of Rich & Ty as friends and collaborators. There's definitely something spot on about the two words "laughingly refused."

So much about this posting is fascinating and, with all honesty, not surprising.

Thanks for sharing.