Something is coming
for both of us and
I know there will be a blue
night with a disc moon and
an undulating glittering ground come
January or come
sooner than that and I know that
the grass will go long and matted and be
full of asters and wet with
just a little bit of rot and the
smell alone of it will
make you know everything
you ever needed to know and
the restraint it takes to
accept the ice
and the asters
without going into a panic of
digging and digging with my hands a
hole in the sand that
fills and fills and fills
with waves and waves and waves
and caves in on itself
the will it takes
to know what I know
and to do nothing more than
wave hello
and remember your birthday
a little late
what excruciates me
about having anything to do
with you.
1 comment:
I have read this piece like four times today; once ever two hours.
Post a Comment