my god
do you recall when
we went to the circus and
what the pole looked like with
the two strongmen
holding either end of it
the bright light on it
lighting it up
beige and backlit
like skin under a
medical lamp
and the dust sloughing off in
little puffs as she
in bare feet
goes bounce and bounce and
once
twice
three times
that's my pole and
you're on it and I am barefoot and
jumping and maybe you
are crouching and
holding on for
dear life and I am
leaping
bouncing
higher higher higher
and right up
and over you
my god
up I go.
1 comment:
When I was in the circus performing the very same routine with the very same smile on my face for the 322nd time I would always try to find one person in the audience to focus my performance upon.
I would try to make that person my person audience. It would be my only goal to make that person connect with me; to make that one person stand in ovation for me and my performance.
Invariably, that person, my person, my personal audience...would be in a wheelchair.
Post a Comment