I promise
that I will not
ask you for
the honey
I just want you
to sing me that song
so sweet and high and
dry that I know you
know that I know you
wrote and sang one
hundred times in your
mind and played out on
your pretty
little guitar
the universe
didn't want
either one of us
and no one was
all that glad when
we were born
the rejoicing of
the animals
and the birds
and the people
and the sun, the moon, the stars
in a big circle
is just a fancy way of
obscuring that a bunch of
space dust
became you
became me
that is the
cold hard facts
but can't you see
what your hands would
look like if you
pressed them to
my shirtless back and you
leaned in close and
with your face found
my ear through my straw
hair and you sang me
that song that I know you
know and sang it
high and dry and I would
of course I would
love you too.
3 comments:
the universe
[del]didn't[/del] want[ed]
[del]either one[/del] [both] of us
and [del]no one[/del] [everyone] was
[del]all that[/del] [so] glad when
we were born
the universe
want[ed]
[both] of us
and [everyone] was
[so] glad when
we were born
Yeah, this.
Yeah, that.
Post a Comment