You know
it isn't
what I know
it is just the space
where we meet
in the middle
This was the time.
I can't speak
so often
I find us
breathing at the same time
so often
I know when you sleep
and when you wake
I don't try to direct
either one.
I am not you
and it never
escapes me
how much
it is not
about me
for some reason
that alone explodes my heart with a joy
I levitate
to be
so little
so small
so nothing
even to you.
Sometimes
this isn't
anyone's dream
there are hints of it
here and there
but in the end
it is its own thing
no one owns it
no one made it
you could never
if you tried.
Its like this
its like smelling something
to identify it
rather than going
straight for your strongest sense
no I see it clearly
no I know it because I feel it
and, even, no I know it because I
hear my own voice
just
smell it
use your weakest muscle
the total surprise
of where
you didn't know
you could be so sore
the total surprise
of where
you didn't know
you even were.
2 comments:
Middlespace
Ahhh middlespace cadet Betsy Lou...middlespace is like love, it's all around you, everyone.
The formal definition I've used for over a decade is posted here [here].
But here it is delivered to your door like a hot pizza on a cold day: middlespace is the interpretive manifestation of thoughts and ideas as expressed within the context of personal or intimate experiential journeys.
It's the grout, not the tiles.
It's the rests, not the notes.
It's the branches, not the leaves.
Middlespace is scrapple, not the steaks.
Post a Comment