I am on fire
to ask you
and receive some kind of
incredible
catch my breath
pound my heart
break into a sweat
a slick shining sweat
answer
to this
what did you do
with the gifts given to you
in the loving season?
They were gifts!
you
and I
and you
were not entitled
or due
or overdue.
You're an idiot.
And I am worse.
And you're an idiot.
Right now
we are sleeping
and waking
and walking on
a pile
four feet thick
of fat blooming gorgeous sweet-scented
heirloom soft dewy red ROSES
in our bare feet. Naked. Glorious.
None of us
have ever looked
so good. So perfect. You
and I
and you
are positively glowing. Rangy-limbed
long and
lean and with these
beautiful lines. Clear-eyed. Luminous.
A bright goddess. An earthly god. A magic man
behind a magic curtain.
And it is warm
and just enough humid
and its all
silky soft
and heavenly. Stop pretending. Who cares
what your day was like?
This is
what you were given. I want
to know
what you did with it.
Wake up and
get up.
Break into bloom
furiously
over and over
in time-lapsed
photography.
Get up
and get up and
slap yourself
and get up and wake up
and answer
the damn question.
No comments:
Post a Comment