Tuesday, January 13, 2009

One more thing

There was a fourth thought. I don't want to write anything preachy. The things on BSD that I like the least are the ones where its a thinly veiled attempt at telling the reader some bigger point. That Visit poem, I can hardly stand it and a few others like it but I learned from it. People can figure it out for themselves. Telling your point of view is different than trying to instruct someone. Preachy is bad. Bad. Its one of my particular pitfalls, unfortunately. But I can see it a little better and more quickly when I'm doing it. It makes me tell myself to PLEASE shut up when I do it. Seriously. Please. Shut UP.

5 comments:

Ty said...

Actor v. observer effects. Your experience is vastly different than ours. Hush little Betsy (don't say a word). You're way too close. You can't analyze these things after days. I takes YEARS to even know if you like it.

Merry Christmas

So, don't write anything preachy even though we may be benefiting. Alls I'm saying is don't analyze...not yet. Let the bacteria grow for a while.

You are a boat so you cannot appreciate the wake. I'm on a SeaDoo and am blissfully jumping your wake and thanking your over and over.

Don't look back. You don't need to.

Ty said...

"your" = "you"

Word verification is: "farti"

I couldn't make this up.

Rich said...

Yeah, I'm with the man on this one. Compared to where you are going, you haven't come very far yet so just keep running. Don't worry about the destination. Trust me, you're going the right direction.

Word verification is: sucksc

I refreshed until I got one I liked.

Ty said...

See? And you're all worried about your "voice" and your "context."

Word verification is that silly word we have to type to post comments. That word prevents spam robots from leaving "comments" for you to "improve your penis size" and such.

Look forward, my dear. Look forward; peek back.

Word verification: sphiit

Rich said...

Word verification: gackhoo