I'm going to tell you a little
something about your problem about the way
you take it all a little lightly about the way you
write it out and speak it out and do it all the time I'm going
to tell you there's a hole in your method I'm going to
point it out to you that you are in that dream you are back in
your high school and you are not in your pants and
they're all pointing and
they're all laughing and you can't
be invincible and bullet-proof just by jumping the
gun and beating them to the
punch and the thing is that we can see it
instantly you are making worse than a
fool of yourself you are making a
mockery of what you know and what you are and
that's not satire and that's not comedy and
that's not ballsy and brave that's a
tragic waste of the honest truth that's selling short what
there really is to say that's selling out so that when you
have that chance that moment that time to really say it speak it
be it know it do it feel it you will find yourself without
your voice having worn it out singing ninety-nine
bottles of beer on the wall into the wind and no one was
surprised by ending we all know how it goes and now there you
are with no voice and having painted yourself nicely in this
corner and now the threshold and your audience is way over there
don't risk it don't do it don't
leave it in the margins don't leave it for later get to
work get to work and
say what you know.
5 comments:
What's amazing about your amazing work is that we know your audience is so amazingly small that we must all believe you're writing these amazing things about us.
WV: eluados
...and every time i read one of these amazing (not that preachy) poems, i feel compelled to clear some mindspace to get back to the poems too.
WV: orpali
Word verification: staphinfection
With spelling corrected (take two):
I didn't LITERALLY believe it was since you had already kicked my ass previously (and awarded me the A- for molding truth out of bullshit).
But, the feeling is, damn, Betsy has our numbers and it's just a matter of time until she calls 'em (just like poker chips at the deli counter).
I'm #24.
By the way, I never liked being called "smart aleck" though I'll take it from you. I always found that phrase diminished the subtitles of the fine art that is at the core of my manipulations of the world around me.
While some see this as some survival instinct/skill, it has also evolved into being just plain fun. Ask anyone: it's Godplay for Godplay sake; a way to stay alive.
My brand of "smart alecky-ness" is more akin to time travel or the 4th dimension.
Old WV: oventr
New WV: sycife
Post a Comment