Thursday, February 5, 2009

Valentine

If you are the keepers
of a kingdom
of leisure

or the thug
of the dungeon
of responsibilities

then
I am the
queen of pleasure
in the empire
of the senses
just as that song I sent
sang to you
did you close your eyes to hear
what she said

I am here to
set it on fire and watch your
slow burn
or
trip over my own
sweeping skirts

for one day only
I can't
be found

and for one day only
everytime you trace
your collarbone
with a finger
and slide it to rest
in the notch
at the hollow
of your throat

I will call together
all my subjects
to melt something slowly
on your tongue
to brush your cheeks
with my roses
and bring the flush
to kiss your open eyes
with the colors
and the unholy vision
you can't look away from

an inhale
and the exhale
and the sweet delight
of knowing
the gorgeous blood
thrumming
and coursing
oh your
wholly beautiful
hearts

I am ruling
with all my
temperamental fury
to breach the borders
and invade
your country
nevermind
what is sneaking up
behind me

I am always
being brought down
but not before this
golden age
drink the meade
with me and
spend the night at
my encampment
I will send you home
in the morning
with bread
and milk and honey
and the silken banners

of your native lands.

2 comments:

Ty said...

We all lose because you just won...forever and ever. With that post.

Queen BSD trumps the Black Beatles in a rout!


[word verification: poodua - sounds extra sexual]

Rich said...

I refuse to concede.

Word verification: peenes