Saturday, September 23, 2023

A Long Time

 Its been a long time since I was

in the woods and freezing saying

yes that whinny

is a little owl. My eyes ran with tears

from the cold. Its been a long time

since my mind

and hope went

cold and I wanted to go down to the cold basement and

find a hiding spot and wrap all up in a 

sleeping bag and 

not exist and wait to be found days later

cold dead and free. 

Its been a long time since I

thought I knew stone cold what is what and

how its all going to be. 

Its been a long time since I locked the door 

laid down on the cold tile to sleep and 

dream about better times. 

These are better times. My head was on the floor

 in the cold and dark, my 

head was in your lap 

a long time ago.  My head was on

my pillow neutrally and I heard the 

whinny, the little owl,  I was 

slapped awake and my face was burning, 

my head exploding. Its

not a dream I am

dead I am free and I don't need a lap anymore. 





No comments: