Thursday, December 5, 2024

Honestly

 I don't want to be anything 

but humble. I adjusted some of my cattle guards and fences

my bars

to give you room

to slip

through in and out in of rungs, a ladder, a kingdom, What did I know?

We were both shit

but still pretty much

free

but we were steady. 

We're together

but you're a wolf. We're together, but you're smoke jumping.

We are together and I wash and fold your underwear, but you're a cowboy, a lone voice in a 

wilderness of your own self. I will always love you 

as much as you love me.  Tiny world. When do any of us know

if we are being we or

doing a funny little cowboy dance? At the purple

end of the day

we are holding each others dry and wrinkled or soft and smooth hands 

and walking each other home. Love

and happiness. Love

and despite all restraint, all drought, everything 

exploding into bloom. My heart

your heart

like wow

and stars

and low tide

and luminescence. You're beautiful

on naked swims, on the car radio, over the bridge, in a record store - 

we drag on. We explode. We're 

addicted to a gorgeous world and

saying

I have you, I am here, I am sorry, I love you, I hear and see you, and

the long goodbye. 



No comments: