Small epiphany on the drive home this evening. I'm making fimo beads. Those little ones where you make a long sushi-like roll with different colors and then slice: the cross-sections show a miniature image. I can almost see mine. Red mushroom with white spots, maybe even a tiny spotted fawn if I'm getting really good at this. At THIS. You see them and you think oh my god, that's really amazing! that's so cool! and you buy some and put them on black strings and give them to your friends.
But who wants to wear fimo beads long-term? You don't. I don't. It wears off.
I want to make a giant canvas with oil paints that isn't technically perfect or anything but gives you a feeling you're in someplace lit up with golds and earthy greens and that it might be breezy and that there might be a storm coming in about an hour and a half. A little blurry with motion.
Hang it right over the little table where you eat breakfast in the kitchen. Its not that precious or anything. Its not a big deal if the milk splashes off the corn puffs onto it. Its just nice to have around.
Not there yet but a stronger feel what I want to make next.
Not so many fimo beads. Or origami animals.
No comments:
Post a Comment