for DS
I'm so perfectly happy
and heartbroken
all the time. I didn't come here to
love the words. I don't love them. I took
a flat blade and neatly swiped the
oily blue
right off the canvas and then
took off my shirt. I love
snaps more than
buttons now. It is off now.
I bisected
myself
with one long blue line from
forehead to
you know. Lips and belly
were the best. I don't have
any questions
anymore. I think I know a
secret or at least
the thing that makes me
holler out
that is what I'm talking about
when I drive past a
woodchuck
sitting up
alert to danger
in the newly mown median. That is
what I am talking about. Not the words
that I don't love. Put it all away. I
ate a handful of blackberries
this morning and my hair is
darker than I thought
or will ever think. I know
you know. I know
you do. Why else
are we talking to
each other
why else
are you hearing music
all the time why else
do you stop thinking about
anything but the
qualities of
a long blue line?
No comments:
Post a Comment