Thursday, May 7, 2009

Forgiveness

It has been
so long since
I talked to you about the
stars I was
asleep
or something
and I woke up in the cold
and bright sunshine it was
almost noon in
November and the furniture was
covered in shroud sheets and the
fridge was propped open and
there was antifreeze in
all the toilets you all packed up and
put away and left and somehow
I missed it but
what I wanted to tell you about was
the tight feeling around my
heart walking through the
empty rooms hearing the wind
outside and the feeling that I
shouldn't be there and what
I wanted to tell you what I
wanted to say is that I
opened the door and it was
June out there it was night and June and
there were stars and they all
started sliding out of the
sky and into my hair and I could see
them in the reflection of the
pond my dark face and
wavy hair and
starry crown
they soaked in and I think that
what I wanted to tell you was
what I wanted to say was
when I came out
and sat with you
at breakfast
in the orange morning light
with water lilies
in a guppy bowl
opened

that you could see them.

1 comment:

Ty said...

It's official, BSD.

You're my new favorite poet.