Sunday, December 15, 2013

Untitled

I think about quitting
Facebook, altogether:

maybe I don't want to know. I don't want to know, but
then I look

I can't seem to help but look

I don't like how that feels about me, to me. Looking

and snooping around

and, possibly, not having anything better to do. Is your Macintosh

a $3000-dollar

Facebook machine? I think about putting up
a timely quote
a smart remark
something sincere
genuine. It all plays badly, in preview. I think about
chiming in
but I don't like the tone, mine, or anyone else's. So I just say,
I like it

and then leave.

But I'll be back
sooner than I want to
sooner, and more often, than I'll admit
and I know it already
unfortunately

I want to quit this tired and kind of dirty thing
I want to be better

but we're not yet done hooking up.







2 comments:

Ty said...

Holy crow this is exactly what I'm thinking about today.

Ty said...

Oh, I quit on 1/1/14.