Thursday, October 13, 2011

October

All we have
is the light left in the air
that's sinking
and dissipating

into fog and mist into
evening, into
scraps and remnants, strips
of night fabric

we can wrap up in it, you there
wherever you are
in silence
walking, thinking, having those dreams

about us, warm on warm,
spooned like this
in a world

where October leaves
are wet on sidewalks, vivid and
glowing and good enough
to eat, as a salad, of

fading colors, fading lights,
the fading of the years
and light in air
is a suspension

I use the night scraps as
bindings, to hold
me to a mast

it could be a way for me to
weather the
dreams you have
you can have anything you have
sirens, siren

I can have my mast

and two wet leaves on my eyes
for blindfold

we're walking, thinking,
having those dreams

I was there. I was there.

No comments: