Thursday, September 16, 2010

The State of the Union

We go up and down, but more often
back and forth. I'm usually forth, and you're back. The going.
I look back but don't go back. You go back. I go forth. We
pick up where we left off. We pick up the thread. The thread is
red. The thread is frayed. We tease it apart. Its a tease. Its a
part of us both. It teases us. I pick it apart. You pick it up.
Sometimes it makes us a little frayed. Then we
smooth it over, and pick up where we left off. For better or worse.
I'm getting better. I'm not as up and down. I'm
less frayed. Sometimes that makes me feel worse. Sometimes you're
worse, or better. I go
back and forth on which it is. You're
a smoothie, or you're a tease, or you're right, its better this way. Its
neither here nor there, in the end. You're there and I'm here.
We're both for better and for worse. Overall, its better. It could be worse.
It would be worse if
it was the end.