Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Revisited

my love
is a stripe. I laid down
the tape and then I
painted over it. Over everything.
I waited. Then I
pulled the tape up. It made
a stripe.

my love is a stripe. I
fell asleep
while you were driving
on a cloudy day. I imagined
you were looking at me.
I imagine you were looking at me.
It made a stripe
on my cheek.

my love is a stripe. red and blue
striped socks
with a pirate. stripes on the curtains. striped lampshade.
striped shower curtain. the Eastland. the hotel.

my love is a stripe. You
had a striped sweater. Now I need this
you said
That was a stripe. my love
was a stripe.

I drew a red pen
through your words
and ideas
I made stripes. But I loved you. That
was my love. That was a stripe.

I saw a fish underwater. I was underwater.
The fish was green. The fish was yellow. The fish
was a stripe.

The stripe is
I love you.
The stripe is
more than a year. The stripe is
the last of
the love poems.

No comments: